About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

spring break

i don't care that i've only done maybe 12 hours of decent work this quarter, i don't care that i still have my spanish final tonight, or that my spring break plans fell through, or that i still don't know what to do with my life
i get a fucking break.
i don't care if it's not deserved or earned or even worth it.
because the sun has been shining, and it's warming up, and happiness is in the air.
no get this straight, i don't even like the sun that much. i never even used to like spring that much. that's how shitty this winter has been. that's how fed up i've been with wind and snow and coldness. i don't even care that my mom keeps saying, oh don't get too excited, you know it's just going to get cold again.
maybe it's the letter i got in the mail or my bright blue nail polish or my soy mocha that's doing this to me, filling me with this positivity, this weird lifting. maybe it's because one of my closest friends is home for a few days and she bought me a mug. i've been looking for a mug.
so i don't know what it is, and i don't really care, but i'm so glad for this week or two. for this feeling.
i'm glad that i want to jump on my bike and take a ride, i want to walk through town, stop and buy a blueberry muffin for $.70, finish this roll of film and have it turn out better than the last, that i want to just lay in bed and feel the warm hugging sunlight, holding me like a long-lost friend, yes the winter was long and cruel, but i'm back now. that i want to wear shorter skirts, sleeves, roll up my jeans, and even though i love my boots dearly i want to throw them in the back of the closet, apologizing, sorry i'll see you again soon probably, it's not you, it's me, we can only be together sometimes, for a short time. and though i love you, i really do, i always look forward to the day when i can be rid of you, because as lovely as you are, these sandals i found in that one thrift store, yeah the big one, i've taken you there, well i found those sandals there and they fit just right and they're worn in just right, so you understand? thanks, i promise we'll be together again.
the boots and the sweaters talk and scowl but they know i love them, and they know i'll be back again.
but for now, i'm welcoming the sandals and shorts and dresses i bought on sale in the cold months, welcoming my short-sleeved shirts to stop being hidden, overshadowed by other articles. i'm introducing these things to the sunlight again, and in their joy, i'm happy. in my happiness they shine even brighter. and my brightness and the brightness of all the other people merge into this colossal sunshine, heat, brilliance that rivals the sun. our rays reach further than the sun's rays, and our warmth is more genuine.
so i look forward to spring if only to awaken our sleeping spirits, shake off the shady shards of a lonesome cold, we rub the lids of our souls, open the eyes of our tired and worn warmth, yawn and breathe out a sigh of sunshine, look in the mirror and examine the light peeking through.
yes it's definitely time for spring.

just some nonsense, and i'm in a surprisingly good mood. spring break in about 10 hours.

3 comments:

Geneviéve Cuva said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I was going to say something along the lines of, "The last three paragraphs speak to me,"
but then I realized that all of it speaks to me,
and that I love all of it very much.

I am going to say, though, that I have a soft spot for the alliteration.

juskaulani said...

I like that line about yawning out the sunshine a lot. Leaves a nice picture in my head. If I was an artist (which anyone would tell you I'm no where near one) I'd paint or sketch a picture of that.

Soogie said...

good mood? alia?

i like being in a good mood.. *^^*