About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Monday, March 8, 2010

shiver

i hold the trigger in my hand, silver, shining, shiny nails ready to pierce, bang it's in, bang i'm - we are transported to that realm of castles, stone, rigid cold breaths walking the corridors, hold my hand i feel so alone, carry the gun my hand is so heavy, shaking shivering, flick, tweak, i see the silver down the hall, a speck, a mirror, is that me there, is that you, will you please grab my hand, grab it, don't let it fall to the ground, shatter, clang clank bang bank, a pang, i let it fall, the shivering starts, continues, pauses, strengthens, a stillness, deadness lights the corridor, engulfs like a black hole, the pieces glimmer and catch my breath, cough cough, grab my hand please, don't crush the silver, point the trigger please bang bang a shiver sigh

we discussed gothic literature in class today, but i also have a fascination with heroin. well, any drug. that desire, that urge is so interesting to me; and it's so similar to, if not the same as, other feelings we have towards other things and people.

No comments: