About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Saturday, October 18, 2008

serezha is my nine-year-old russian boy of the day.

so today i was in a random book-reading mood. instead of reading anything i need to read or anything i have been reading lately, i wanted to read something i hadn't read in a while. so i picked up anna karenina and began where i left off [about halfway through]. i had forgotten how much i loved tolstoy's writing. i don't know, he portrays family life with all of its inner problems so well. there's so much insight in every chapter and, daresay, on every page. not to mention he's opened my eyes up to Russian culture and lifestyle. just some things i noticed/remembered today. to share a quote:

"he was nine years old and quite a child, but he knew his soul, it was dear to him, and he guarded it as the eyelid guards the eye, and never let anyone enter his heart without the key of love" [552]

idk, just simple things like that scattered throughout the page/chapter/book really help shape the characters and set the tone.

ANYWAY

it sort of bothers me that people will read my blog and tell/talk to me about it later, but they won't actually comment. if you read this and you have something to say or you have a question, please please leave a comment. that's why they exist. anyone can comment, you don't need a blogger account or anything. hell, you can always be Anonymous if you want. so, please don't be afraid to talk to me =)

2 comments:

Brianana said...

ahhhhh I have been dying to read something by Tolstoy! I think Mrs. Stevenson was the one that was going on and on about Russian lit and I was like 'OK FINE I WILL READ WAR AND PEACE OR SOMETHING GOSH!"
*sigh* I just love good books... I mean they make people soooo much more interesting than in person... sometimes when I read stuff I start thinking like the words on the pages.. know what i mean? I have been reading the Odyssey- its definitely something new.... I kind of have to force myself to read it because its very... factual? like I dont think it actually tells anyones thoughts... iono... ahh.. books...

Zipporah said...

You just didn't see it because I was making the month that I couldn't blog into a book-like format and I wrote and saved as draft, so it didn't end up as a new post. But I have maybe one more chapter. LOL
xoxo <3