About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

sigh of a defeated spirit

i didn't realize how bad it was
i entered with a smile
and left with tear-stained cheeks
this morning i had told myself that i'm doing much better
but when i was there in her office
i couldn't lie
to myself anymore
the room became hot,
i lost my train of thought
and the tears erupted
before i realized what was happening
this is me
still
and i had to face the cold truth
i've been pretending i'm better than i am
the pain rekindles every day
the sadness always only an arm's length away
the weighted and waiting
for me to fall, for me to get back up
gravity keeps me down
and with the other forces
presssqueeze
until i'm ready to collapse and my spirit is withdrawn
the saddest sound is the sigh of a defeated spirit

No comments: