About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Thursday, January 3, 2013

body worlds

smudgy glass
slow movement of the masses
a glance here, there an intense stare
into the depths of our own bodies
models on display
all muscle and bone,
ligaments and organs
i search the sinewy faces
no flesh between us
nothing to keep me from turning into that
for time to scoop me up
and make me an example
splay me open so my lungs show black
and my liver lay shriveled
trace the wrinkles of my brain
make me nothing more than tissue stretched in different ways
for i already too often just feel like
tissue stretched in different ways
i search the dead eyes for dreams
tell me the stories of our future

2 comments:

Soogie said...

this is just beautiful.

one day, i will have your poem tattooed on my ribs.

and i shall draw you your tattoo.

and we will be happy.

i love you! and miss you so much!

Tomibelle said...

I love this.