About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

less than fabulous

he walked over the piles of clothes and the crumpled photos, shaking his head in disapproval
no, no, no, he was saying
darling, you never let anyone see the room you breakdown in
and definitely not the mess you create
no, we don't do that
he sat down at the edge of my bed, leaning in to get a closer look at my tear-stained, ugly, sad face
you never, ever let the world think you are anything less than fabulous
he looked back at the floor, his eyes hovered over the bare walls
no, love, i shouldn't even be in here
without looking back at me, he stood, straightened himself
without turning his head he said, 30 minutes and we're leaving
i am leaving with the most marvelous girl in the world, and there's nothing this room can do to stop us
as the door was closing, he said, wake up, darling, you've lost at least four pounds and will look wonderful in that little navy dress, don't keep me waiting

2 comments:

Soogie said...

omg.. i love this post.. >.<

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the “Next Blog” button in the Nav Bar at the top of my blogspot blog. I occasionally just check out other blogs to see what others are doing.