About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Saturday, August 3, 2013

water & fire

after i got off the phone
after i paused the tears
i got in my car
put a plastic smile
on my face
for the good people of CVS
and bought 20 sticks
of calm and collection
to silence my sobbing heart
and i'll smoke these until the pack's empty
and i'll buy another pack
and another
and another
until my mind's empty
and the ache has dulled
and the light has faded
from the fire
started two years ago
the fire so neglected as of late
the fire, as it dwindles
will transplant to memory
and burning still will be
a prayer for consumption

No comments: