About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

he chose me

i'm learning to destroy my insecurities before they destroy me.
i don't know why i doubt myself so often when i'm wrapped in the greatest reassurance.
he told me it took him 10 years to find someone he wanted to take back to california with him.
and suddenly it hit me.
i'm the one.
i never thought i'd be anyone's "one"
i never in a million years thought i would find someone to call my own, someone who lives and breathes my soul, someone who accepts me at my worst, someone who seems to believe in me more than anyone else has, someone who refuses to give up on me.
and i remember, of all the people he could have chosen, he chose me. and he chooses me every day.
and i marvel at the fact that i've found someone with whom i want to start a new life. things will be "ours." and not just "things"... i'll finally meet his family. i/we already consider him a part of mine, now i'm just waiting until i can form these new relationships. and, though we're not getting married yet, our families will be one.
i don't see myself ever letting go. i can't speak for stefan completely, but i've found that what we have isn't something that i can easily let go or will vanish tomorrow. the roots of our love run deep.
so when everything else seems to be crumbling around me, i have this.
and this hope will carry me into our new future.

1 comment:

Soogie said...

so beautiful..
i'm so happy for you! SO HAPPY! and YES on getting tattoos together! man,, i gotta think of something..

actually.. i already have something that i want.. remember your poem? i forgot which one.. but you wrote a line that i really like, and i would be HONORED if you let me get it! HAHHHHH!!!

<3<3<3