About Me

My photo
"too much stuff, too many places, too much information, too many people, too much of things for there to be too much of, there is too much to know and i don't know where to begin but i want to try."

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

floating
i feel the stillness, wash myself in transparent oasis
i missed this,
floating
stretching and pulling
forgetting the usual motions
sparkling in summer, squinting for vision
i close my eyes and hope this world is still there when i open them
splashing and not meaning to
that's what my whole life feels like, sometimes, splashing and not meaning to
but i forget that, in this moment at least, when serenity meets my dream world and the elements rejoice in ultimate unity
only then do i know that life is real,
when i'm submerged
and subtly gasping for air
something my body understands that my mind doesn't
the desperation, the flailing movement to keep
floating
quietly i'm sprawled across the surface, cushion beneath me, eternity above

2 comments:

Geneviéve Cuva said...

Aah, swimming sounds so nice...

Geneviéve Cuva said...

Thank you, so so so much! I really just feel so happy now, I'm just going to go reread that comment whenever someone says something dumb or I start feeling down because it's that great! You are seriously the only person who's had anything positive to say about it!
Also-
yay Ratatat!! And I totally giggled about the blood spurting thing, that probably was not the right reaction. I just imagined this cartoon-ish animation but anyways! It was scary at first, but it's mostly just a little uncomfortable. They always give me sugary snacks when I'm done, so that's nice. :D